Treatments and Services:
- Splinting, bespoke and off the shelf splints
- Hand assessment
- Hand therapy- to increase strength, movement and function
- Post-operative management - including wound care
- Management of scars - including keloid and hypersensitive scars
- Management of swelling/ oedema - hand and upper limb
- Medico legal assessment and reports
- Functional assessment and rehabilitation for work and leisure activities
- Hand trauma
- Nerve injuries
- Tendon injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
- Pain syndromes
- Fingertip injuries
Post Operative Surgical Conditions:
- Dupuytrens contracture releases
- Carpal tunnel release
- Tendon repairs and tendon transfers
- Wrist surgery
- Joint replacements
- Paediatiric congenital hand surgery
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Paediatiric congenital hand conditions
What is Hand Therapy?
Hand Therapy is the treatment of injuries or conditions of the hand and upper limb using physical methods such as exercise, massage, mobilization, splinting, ultrasound and wound care. These treatments are performed by an Occupational Therapist or physiotherapist who has undertaken further post graduate training in this specialist field.
Therapists use various exercises and apparatus in their treatment to facilitate healing and promote the best outcome for their patients.
Scroll over the diagrams for information on the conditions.
The Hand Therapy Practice
Providing Total care
The Hand Therapy Practice provides an extensive range of hand therapy and other therapeutic services for patients who have suffered an injury or undergone surgery to their hand, wrist, elbow or shoulder, or have degenerative or congenital hand problems.
Treatment consist of individually tailored management to the patient's condition, and is thoughtfully and carefully designed to restore function and minimise pain as quickly and efficiently as possible. If the hand problem is part of a condition such as Parkinson`s then the other aspects of the condition can be included in the treatment.
The whole person not just the diagnosis is treated.
The hand is an integral part of who we are, so your hobbies, interests and occupation will also form part of your overall treatment plan and goals. Your treatment plan will be customised specifically for you.
With over 20 years of hand on experience I will help you manage and improve your condition, whatever the underlying cause.